Monday, January 12, 2009

Thrifting Withdrawal

I'm the first to admit that I have a problem. Yes, I have a shopping disease.

A good dose of retail therapy has solved some very serious issues in the past!! BUT, even when everything is roses and kittens, I tend to go into withdrawal when I haven't shopped in a while. But, recently, the disease evolved. It got worse - or better, depending on how you look at it! I'd say this disease would now be classified by experts the world over as a Thrifting Addition. I'm full fledged addicted to the thrifting thrill.

Here's the proof.

On Saturday night, I met up with a couple girlfriends. Before we hit the Black Tomato for dinner (which was delicious by the way), we stopped at Zone on Sussex. Not thrifty -- but such a fun spot and they had some decent sales.

Yes, I broke, I splurged. I purchased an item that I've been drooling over for MONTHS: the "Village Cuckoo" Clock. Wish I had found a vintage version (trust me, I've been searching for a while), but this version seemed like the perfect combination of vintage and modern -- a harmony my BF likes to achieve. And yes, it was on sale!

Point of the story? This shopping splurge didn't feed my addiction at all! Here I am on Monday evening and I'm dying to hit one of my fave thrift spots -- or perhaps try a new one! Finding something totally unexpected, imagining the piece's past life, planning out where it will live when it comes home with me, and well, the thrill of being thrifty. So good.

The tricky part is they all tend to close before I get off work.

Mark my words -- I'll fill the fix by Friday.

XOXO
ThriftKitty






No comments:

Post a Comment