Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thrift Reading!

So, it turns out that quite a few BOOKS have been written about this amazing hobby, past time - or dare I say lifestyle! I'm not entirely surprised, but certainly thrilled. So many have walked this path before me. I have so much to learn!

Do date, I have not yet plunged into this newly found book genre, but look forward doing so. How fun would it be to find one of these at a thrift store?! Sounds like I have a mini-mission on my hands.

Charity Shopping and the Thrift Lifestyle
Lettice Wilkinson


History of the Thrift Movement in America
Simon William Straus

The Thrift Book
India Knight

Thrift: A Cyclopedia
David Blankenhorn

Thrift: How to Have a Stylish Home Without Breaking the Bank
Bridget Bodoano


Thrift Score: The Stuff, The Method, The Madness!
Al Hoff

Thrift Store: The Past & Future Secret Lives of Things
Emily Larned

Subversive Seamster: Transform Thrift Store Threads into Street Couture
Melissa Alvarado et al

Have you read one of these written journeys?
If so, I'd love to hear about it! BlogBookClub anyone?

XOXO
ThriftKitty

No comments:

Post a Comment